sweet

news

news

search

Google
 

Monday, August 13, 2007

My Initial Experience

So I started in January with an fx game account on oanda.com. They give you $100,000 to start with, so I started playing. First thing I learned was that all forex trading is or can be leveraged. My initial settings were 20:1. I bought a couple thousand dollars worth of something like USD/AUD or JPY/AUD because I had read a post about how good they have been. I had good success initially. everything I bought was going up. So I sold some things and bought more. I would sell once soemthing went up 20-40 pips. (First I learned what a pip was). Then I started figuring things out. I changed my leverage ratio to 50:1. So for every dollar I bought of something I was actually trading $50. assuming 10 pips equals 10 cents, I was earning 10 cents on one dollar. I realized, hey this is good stuff. If I could earn even 2% a day because my investments are leveraged I could end up with something like 40-45% return a month. At 1% a day I'm looking at returns of 20-25% a month. This is the greatest thing ever. So I opened a real account. I put in $1,000, leveraged it 50:1 and bought a few things. The first two weeks were great. I was up $200 in two weeks. Thoughts of quitting my day job entered my mind.

No comments:

sweet_cat

blog

BlogPicks.net